Monday, July 28, 2008

Time to brag

I know it isn't $0.00 to $10,000.00. However, I feel a HUGE accomplishment. I had a goal of 60$ after I broke 50$. I crushed my goal, nearly doubling it.

Over the past few days I played a few SnG's. Some I busted out early in, others I placed. However, I have a tendency to join a cash ring game when I'm short on time to try to earn a few pennies since I can get up and go whenever I please. Well, it has paid off. I killed my goal making it to $114. I'm feeling like I actually am a decent poker player. I know I'm not a pro, but this success has made me feel like I actually know how to play the game. I am still scared to jump to $3 buy ins, so I'm going to stay at $1 until I feel ready.

Here is a little proof of my glory. Remember everybody, I started with $0.00



Ending Bankroll - $114.27

4 comments:

WVHillbilly said...

Nice. Watch playing those ring games though cause it can go as fast as it comes.

Scraggles said...

I agree 100% hillbilly. I'm skeptical when it comes to playing cash games. I like playing 2-4 players in the game, but they fill up within a few hands and then I end up leaving.

WVHillbilly said...

Don't get me wrong I love cash games. That's really all I play anymore. I just thought you might be sitting in a game that was outside of good BRM due to your extreme 1 session gains.

Either way, keep it up. I actually built my BR from $50 playing SnGs until I had over $500 before I switched to ring games. Getting that 1st $500 took me 9 months. Since switching to rings (and learning to play 8 tables) my BR has increased 5x in 4 months. I don't think I'll be going back to SnGs anytime soon.

Just keep doing what you're doing. It's working.

Scraggles said...

I actually stayed within my bankroll. I was just on fire. I joined a $0.01/$0.02 ring game with $1.00 and succeeded far beyond what I was hoping. At one point I was up around $40 and I really should have quit. I don't remember exactly what I left the game with.