Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I'm back.

Hey everyone... or no one at all. Based on the reports I get e-mailed to me there are still 1 or 2 of you that are keeping an eye on my blog every once in a while. I figured it was time to get back into blogging about poker.

I quickly cashed out after my last post in an effort to retain some of my money to pay bills since I had lost my job. I found a new job and I have been there ever since. About 2 weeks ago I started playing poker again. However I didn't deposit anything. I began by playing freerolls.

About 10 freerolls in, I had $0.40 to start playing some actual cash games on Full Tilt. That $0.40 quickly evaporated and so it was back to freerolls. Mind you, I was playing these in my spare time so it wasn't the easiest thing in the world to find the time to be on schedule with the freerolls. After another 10 or so I had enough money to play in some more cash games.

Luck has been with me. I was playing at the $0.01/$0.02 tables initially and managed to get my bankroll up to around $8. I decided yesterday to give the next highest tables a go with the minimum buy-in, which is $1. I pulled myself up to about $13.00(I don't know the exact amount. I didn't decide until today to actually start keeping track). This morning at about 9am I started playing in a cash game and I was hanging steady around $3.00 for about 2 hours. I hit a good run and turned my $3 into $22. My bankroll is currently up to $33.95 and I couldn't be happier. I'm going to stick with these $0.02/0.05 games for a while to see if this will continue. If I manage to hit $100 I'm going to consider moving up my game to the next highest stakes.

I'd love to hear some feedback from anyone who is still eyeballing my blog. Great to be back!

Starting Bankroll - ~$13.00
Ending Bankroll - $33.95

1 comment:

WVHillbilly said...

Hey, good to see you back. I was a little concerned after your last post but I figured you'd resurface someday.

Nice to see you doing so well. Might want to rethink moving up to 10nl with only 10 BIs. It's fine when you're building to be aggressive but with 10 BIs your BR is certainly at risk. I'd shoot for $200 before moving to 10nl, personally.

To answer your question from my blog, I paid for PT3. There is a 60-day free trial available for PT3 and at least a week trial for Holdem Manager (HEM). Try both before you buy either would be my advice.

Anyway good to see you back and gl with your BR building.